MultiChoice South Africa’s activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business (“DStv”), which has been in operation since 1995.
Other businesses in the group are;
M-Net (delivers thematic channels and exclusive content to DStv subscribers) and SuperSport (provides comprehensive coverage of local and global sport). DStv Media Sales (commercial airtime sales and on-air sponsorship), DStv Mobile (mobile television content and services), MWEB (internet service provider), DStv Online (delivering entertainment content and services from the MultiChoice family to customers via breakthrough technologies), Commerce Zone (e-procurement solutions) and Smart Village (gated community services) also form part of the group.
MultiChoice’s involvement in South Africa goes beyond it’s core business. Through its corporate social investment, the company actively participates in social transformation and, through technology, enables individuals and communities to help themselves.
Job Title: Head Of Human Resources
The key accountabilities, interfaces and measures of this role are further elaborated below:
- Contribute to the Country business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Partner with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the Organization .
- Drive & instill performance management culture
- Manage a learning and development culture
- Support and implement Human Resource projects in alignment with Regional strategy
- Effectively managed change processes
- Evaluate company structure, job design, and Staff forecasting in county. Evaluate plans and changes to plans; Makes recommendations to executive management.
- Ensure adequate resourcing for organization’s success
- Facilitate Organisation Climate Survey
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture in line with MultiChoice Values so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate and implement Talent Review and succession planning in-line with corporate guidelines
- Assist in the implementation of the Retention strategy in-line with corporate guidelines.
- Implement and manage companywide Employee Assistance Program
- Assist with Human Resource policy formulation and implementation in alignment with Corporate Human Resource strategy and taking into account in-country factors (e.g. legislation, Human Resource practices).
- Maintain minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Implement the Reward and Recognition strategy in-line with corporate guidelines
- Monitor all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment
- Meet deadlines for Human Resource schedules as may be prescribed.
- Effectively manage Human Resources Information System and HR administration
- Monitor and analyse in-country employment data with recommendations for future action
- Manage budget and other resources
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
· Minimum degree in Human Resources, Business Management or other relevant field.
· A postgraduate qualification would be advantageous.
· 5-8 years’ Experience in Human Resources, with 3 years’ Experience at a Senior Leadership level.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The incumbent should have demonstrated the following competencies:
· Business Acumen
· Understanding of cultural diversity within the business.
- Sound Human Resources Management knowledge
- Understanding of organisational development processes
- Understanding of performance management processes
- Understanding of talent management strategies
- Exposure to Human Resources information systems
- Knowledge of Nigeria Labour legislation
- MCA policies and procedures
- Exposure to training and/or the co-ordination thereof would be an advantage
The incumbent is required to have the following behavioural competencies:
· People Management
· Results Orientation
· Analytical Thinking
· Interpersonal Competence.
· Initiative and Drive
The incumbent is required to have the following functional competencies:
· Human Capital Management Acumen
· Expert Knowledge And Application Of Hr Analytics
· Expert Knowledge Of Labour Relations Regulations And Legislation
· In-Depth Understanding Of Strategy Translation Into Operational Plans
· In-Depth Understanding Of Operating Business Models
· Talent Management Acumen